The Junior Friends of Hawkes Library and the West Point Woman's Club present the
2012 Young Artists Showcase
sponsored by AAEA's “Hooked on Art” in celebration of Youth Art Month
FINAL ENTRY DATE: March 19th (postmarked) or March 20th, 2012 (delivered)
EXHIBIT DATES: March 22nd – 25th, 2012 at Hawkes Library
CLOSING RECEPTION DATE: March 25th from 2-4pm EST
PICK-UP TIME FOR ARTWORK: March 25th - following the closing reception (4pm)
Artwork will be categorized by grades for the purposes of judging:
K-3, 4-8, and 9-12.
Entries must be in one of the following mediums:
Category A: Painting (oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.)
Category B: Drawing (pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers)
Category C: Photography (basic digital enhancements are allowed)
**The judges reserve the right to move artwork to a more appropriate category.
Guidelines for submission:
• Only one submission per student, per category.
• Student must be enrolled at a public, private, charter, or home-based school in either
Chambers county (AL) or Troup county (GA).
• All artwork must be appropriate for all ages in a public display.
• Artwork must be two-dimensional, no 3-dimensional media.
• Artwork is to be no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches and no more than one half inch thick.
• The artwork must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws. Any entry that has been copied from an existing photo
(not the student’s own), painting, graphic, advertisement, or any other work produced
by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted.
• All entries must be current and created within the past year.
• Work entered must be in the original medium (not a scanned reproduction).
• Charcoal and pastel entries must be sprayed. Oils must be dry.
• Each entry must have a “Student Entry Form” completely filled out and securely attached.
• Each entry must have the following information written in pencil on the back: name, grade and school. NO INFORMATION ON THE FRONT and DO NOT SIGN THE FRONT.
Submitted artwork is judged on creativity, skill, neatness, and overall impact. A panel of
professional artists will choose the winners. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for each category within each age division and a Judges' Choice for each age category.
The judges decisions are final. Awards will be presented at the closing reception.
All entries will receive a certificate of participation.
Please email Amy McDow with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or visit www.hawkeslibrary.com for more information.